Cobalt is an award winning, London headquartered FinTech startup focused on re-engineering the institutional FX market from the ground up.
Founded in 2015 by two FX industry executives, Cobalt is building a shared back and middle office infrastructure to replace the antiquated technology and methods incumbent today. Cobalt’s unique combination of low latency and blockchain technology means it has built a network that is scalable, secure and fast – slashing cost and risk for the $5tn a day market.
We are a small, yet fast growing company and we are backed by some of the world’s leading investors including Citi, First Derivatives and Digital Currency Group; our clients include names such as UBS, Deutsche Bank, Citadel and XTX Markets.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This is a hands on Marketing Associate role. You will be responsible for brand and marketing campaigns (internally and externally), online, print media and third-party programs.
You will be passionate, dynamic, adaptive, quick to understand the business and reimagine our approach to B2B marketing within the FinTech startup industry. Willing and wanting to shake things up.
The key functions of the role and main areas of responsibility are:
• Support the Founders and Team to build, help define and execute the marketing / brand strategy and campaign plans in line with business objectives
• Contribute to the design and own the implementation of marketing campaigns (PR, social media, events, third party programs, design etc.)
• Ensure internal marketing and awareness building for objectives and campaigns
• Creation and management of sales and marketing content and collateral – mainly for web and electronic usage
• Ownership of a branded content and a social media plan
• Analysing potential strategic partner relationships for company marketing
• Work closely with the sales and product teams to ensure brand awareness and accurate messaging internally and to clients
• Management of website and / any other ‘owned’ digital channels
*The stated criteria is a guide and does not preclude applicants with more or less experience, provided the requisite skills can be demonstrated.
Qualifications and Requirements
The applicant should ideally have most of the following:
• Experience at a start-up, technology company or agency servicing either of the former in a similar role
• A degree or relevant experience in marketing, communications or project management (though not essential)
• Knowledge of Google Analytics, LinkedIn, Twitter, MailChimp, Salesforce and web-based marketing tools
• At least 3/4 years’ experience in a similar role
• Proven writing ability
• Any other relevant professional qualifications would be advantageous
• Comfortable working in a fast pace environment
• Excellent Microsoft Office skills
• Interest in FinTech and FX
• Experience focussed on B2B marketing, ideally within a start-up, smaller growing business or agency
• The ability to grasp new concepts quickly
• Impeccable verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent time and project management skills with the desire to see projects through from concept to delivery
• Strong knowledge of all digital marketing channels
• Proven performance working independently to ambitious deadlines
• Project management skills including the management of 3rd party vendors
• You have the ability to get things done in a fast-paced environment, you learn quickly and have a can-do approach
• Knowledge of growth hacking
• Experience working in Fintech, FX, blockchain or financial services
• Understanding of SEO
• Able to create e-mail templates and campaigns
• Creative mindset with an understanding of how to communicate visually and bring ideas to life in a variety of mediums
Competitive salary, private healthcare, life insurance, employee pension scheme + equity depending on experience and fit
Travel: None to minimal
CANDIDATES MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO LIVE AND WORK IN THE COUNTRY IN WHICH THE ROLE IS BASED.