Cobalt is a multi-award winning, London headquartered FinTech startup focused on re-engineering the institutional FX market from the ground up.
Founded in 2015 by two FX industry executives, Cobalt is building a shared back and middle office infrastructure to replace the antiquated technology and methods incumbent today. Cobalt’s unique combination of low latency and shared ledger technology means it has built a network that is scalable, secure and fast – slashing cost and risk for the $5tn a day market.
We are a fast growing company who is backed by some of the world’s leading investors including Citi, First Derivatives, SGX and Digital Currency Group; our clients include names such as UBS, Deutsche Bank, Citadel and XTX Markets.
Role and Responsibilities
A Business Analyst will be primarily responsible for detailing the functional specifications for the Cobalt platforms and working with teams internally to deliver the required functionality. In addition, this role will be responsible to support the Product Head with outlining and documenting product scope, enhancements, test scenarios and ensuring product delivery.
The key functions of the role are:
- Gather business requirements from clients, product SMEs and other internal teams
- Turn requirements into detailed functional specifications
- Support the development and testing functions throughout the SDLC
- Create external documentation and release guides
- Aid in the documentation and analysis of product enhancements
- Support questions from clients as they join beta and progress into production
The primary areas of responsibility are:
- Analyse, define, and document complex requirements and business processes.
- Develop complex systems specifications and process flows
- Create complex technical and functional user documentation.
- To ensure requirements and specifications are up to date, consistent and clearly understood
- Ensures that all requirements have end to end traceability using appropriate tools and templates
- Ensures QA team has required documentation to test system functionality
- Escalation point to analyse and categorise issues/bugs
- Supporting the needs of the Product Head
- Computer Science degree preferred
- At least 4 years’ experience in a similar role as a Business Analyst
- Any other relevant professional qualifications would be advantageous
- Detailed knowledge of FX post trade processing
- Knowledge of full trade life cycle events
- Strong Business Analysis understanding and experience with compiling project life cycle deliverables
- Ability to write detailed functional specifications
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
- Excellent attention to detail
- The ability to follow and give direction
- Self-starter and motivated to succeed
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Aptitude for learning new software and IT applications
- Client facing skills
- Demonstrate Project Management Skills
- Ability to apply a logical and analytical approach to work
- Ability to manage time, prioritise tasks and work under tight deadlines
- Excellent multi-tasking skills
- Ability to think creatively
- Knowledge of credit and margin calculations
- Experience working with FX middle and back office systems and processes, preferably at a bank
- Knowledge of FX Prime Brokerage workflows
CANDIDATES MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO LIVE AND WORK IN THE COUNTRY IN WHICH THE ROLE IS BASED.