Cobalt is a multi-award winning, London headquartered FinTech startup focused on re-engineering the institutional FX market from the ground up.
Founded in 2015 by two FX industry executives, Cobalt is building a shared back and middle office infrastructure to replace the antiquated technology and methods incumbent today. Cobalt’s unique combination of low latency and blockchain based technology means it has built a network that is scalable, secure and fast – slashing cost and risk for the $5tn a day market.
We are a small, yet fast growing company and we are backed by some of the world’s leading investors including Citi, First Derivatives, SGX and Digital Currency Group; our clients include names such as UBS, Deutsche Bank, Citadel and XTX Markets.
Role and Responsibilities:
The Information Security Manger will have day to day responsibility for IT Security and aiding the strategic direction for the overall IT Security function as Cobalt expands. The role will need to work closely with the technology and business heads to manage IT Security. This includes responsibility for defining, documenting and maintaining security baselines, standards, policy and procedures in conjunction with the relevant IT teams. A solid technical background is required to follow up with security patching of servers, firewalls, appliances and to measure the IT security posture.
The main areas of responsibility are:
- Face off to Investment bank CISO-level personal on matters of Information security
- Be the main point of contact for all InfoSec and Vendor Review undertakings with clients
- Influence and implement Information Security related policies based on an ISMS (ISO27001) and drive towards SOC 2 accreditation in the future.
- Provide security advice and guidance to support technology initiatives being undertaken - defining security requirements & objectives and providing support and guidance during design work
- Work alongside Cobalt’s managed service providers to ensure end to end security responsibilities are maintained.
- Respond effectively to IT Security alerts/incidents, working with the Cobalt outsourced SOC team.
- Help further develop our Infrastructure security architecture/designs, planning, controls, processes, and standards.
- Computer Science degree preferred
- At least 4 years’ experience in a similar role
- Any other relevant professional qualifications would be advantageous
- Experience of driving an information security training & awareness programme
- Good understanding of information security controls and regulatory standards
- Prior experience implementing best practice information security processes and procedures.
- Experience drafting and maintaining information security risk policies and framework documents
- Experience with aligning company security posture with ISMS (ISO27001) or similar framework.
- Experience dealing with large investment bank clients form a security perspective.
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to follow and give direction
- Self-starter and motivated to succeed
- Proven ability to be a team player, while retaining ability to work independently with little or no supervision
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Client facing communication skills
- Ability to apply a logical and analytical approach to work
- Ability to manage time, prioritise tasks and work under tight deadlines
- Strong multi-tasking skills
- Knowledge of Palo Alto and Cisco ASA firewalls
- Deployment of Virtual Desktop Infrastructures
- Experience with Carbon Black/AlienVault or similar IDS
CANDIDATES MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO LIVE AND WORK IN THE COUNTRY IN WHICH THE ROLE IS BASED.